Tomorrow is the first Friday of my life that I think I’ve ever dreaded. I’ve never wanted the weekend to come less than I do at this moment. So I’ve already started to game plan how I am going to spend my day tomorrow, with self-care at the top of my mind.
- Before work, take a walk to get your favorite fancy tea or coffee that you don’t get on a daily basis. You deserve it, today. Stay off social media while you drink it, and don’t watch the inauguration.
- Try and limit your social media intake, when possible. I personally don’t follow the person being sworn into office, and I think it’s better that way for my mental health.
- Go see La La Land for the second (or third time). You won’t regret being away from your phone for two hours. And you certainly won’t regret seeing it. It’s every bit worthy of the hype.
- Take a bath. Like a really good bath where you get a bath bomb from Lush and a face mask and sink so low in the bath that your ears are below the water.
- Read a book or color in a coloring book.
- Donate to a cause that is important to you like Planned Parenthood or Everytown for Gun Safety.
- Make signs and RSVP for the Women’s March in your city.
How are you going to self-care for Inauguration Day?